Not all days are absolutely brilliant and filled with love, even on a comet.
Yesterday, I had one those days. Correction: yesterday, I made my day sucky. How’s that? you may ask. Easy: I was tired, had lower back pain, and decided everything would suck. Nothing bad happened, I only decided that everything would suck. And trust me, it did. The Universe told me “ok, you want to have a crappy day? Then so be it”.
And because I decided everything sucked, I decided that I sucked too. You know, these twisted thoughts your mind likes to come up with? They crept right back up.
So after a lovely coaching session with my Consciousness Coaching peer, I came up with a strategy to go through this kind of day and turn my thinking around, get out of my stories and come back to myself.
Here’s what I devised, it might help:
1. Acknowledge where you are. Acknowledge your feeling and your thinking, admit it and accept it. Resisting the situation will only make it worse.
2. Breathe. Sounds obvious right? If need be, lock yourself in the bathroom, stand or sit with your feet firmly planted on the ground, close your eyes, and take three long deep breaths down to your belly.
3. Meditate. Even if you only have two minutes, take them to observe your thoughts, create the distance between you and them. Remember: you are not your thoughts.
4. Question the thoughts, one by one. Take one thought, and ask yourself if it is the truth. Not your perception of it, but the absolute truth. Kind of brings perspective, eh?
5. If it helps, you can journal it. I find writing to be very cathartic. Getting things off your chest on paper is slightly more helpful than barking at people who have no idea what is going on (oops).
6. Affirm. Replace the thought by an affirmation *you* have come up with, something you want to manifest or you feel strongly about, something coming from your gut.
Turn your day around.
Today, I am still tired. And I still feel pain in the lower back. Today, I have set out an intention and made the decision to take care of what is most important. And today, I won’t let my monkey mind take over. I heard what it had to say, and now I am back. So there.
Need inspiration for intentions? I have what you need.
Need help to turn your days and life around? I got that too.