Prompt of the day: wisdom – What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?
Let me pause and reflect… This year I have been doing a lot of things, according to my own standards. The key word here is “doing”. Because it all boils down to one thing: this year, I have decided that it was time to stop thinking and start doing.
Which is why you have seen on the blog a wide variety of activities such as:
– taking a course – evening classes – in business management. I guess deep down I’ve always known I was not made to sit at a desk all day every day, working for someone else, and I’ve been preparing… My fear has been keeping me chained to this desk, but its voice has been slowly fading…
– travelling to Japan and Canada after years of dreaming about it;
– signing up for yoga teacher trainings and not chicken out;
– actually agreeing to teaching a one-on-one and not chicken out;
– writing – a lot;
– attending the European Summit for Global Transformation in Amsterdam and launching a second blog right away;
– new: applying for a freelance translator job with a translating agency – ok that was yesterday, so maybe it will work out, maybe it won’t, but at least I’ve tried.
Now let’s see how all this will play out in 2011!
For those of you stumbling upon this, playing catch up, and not knowing what I’m talking about, check this out, you might even want to join 🙂 :
HTML linking has been playing weird lately on this little blog, can’t seem to be able to link directly, but that’s better than nowt 🙂